"High Stakes" is a game of Seven-Card Stud Poker that will be a fun and interactive experience for players.

What will make this stand out from all the other Poker videogames out there is the emphasis on a physical interaction as well as competition against smart, reactive opponents. The plan is to use both Nintendo's Wiimote and NaturaPoint's TrackIR head tracker for control to play against responsive, motion captured avatars for a truly immersive poker playing experience.

Friday, November 9, 2007

Latest Transcript

Speech

Raise
“I’ll bet”
“I'll raise.”
“I'm not afraid to bet.”
“You got to be in it to win it!”
“Okay, I'll raise”
“Let's up the ante.”
“The look of fear in your eyes tells me... That it's time to raise!”
“What's money to a guy like me? I'll raise!”
“Can you match this?”
“There's no way you're taking this from me. Raise!”
“Lets make the stakes even higher.”
“I'm way too confident in my game not to raise.”
“I'll raise. I hope that doesn't make you too nervous.”
“I'm going to bet, can you afford it?

Call
“I’m in”
“Yep”
“I call this one”
“I’m gonna call”
“I’ll… Call”
“I have no problem calling this one.”
“Eh, I'll call.”
“I'll match that. Call.”
“Ha ha! Well I have no problem calling that one!”
“Wow, you actually bet? That's bold. I'll call.”
“I'm calling you out!”
“Okay, if that's the way it's got to be, I call.”
“You amuse me. I'll call.

Check
“Check it out”
“Hmm… Check”
“I’ll… Check”
“Yeah, I’ll check”
“Lets see what you're going to do next. Check!”
“Check please!”
“You'll probably get nervous and bail out if I bet, so I'll just check for now.”
“Ooooh, check out our waitress! Uh, I mean check!
“Check!”

Fold
“I’m out”
“Count me out of this hand”
“No thanks”
“That’s it for me”
“Fold!”
“Argh! I need playable cards!”
“Well, I have to fold”
“What am I supposed to do with these crap cards?”
“If our dealer knew how to shuffle, I'd have a chance.”

Win Hand
“Yeah!”
“Ha! I knew it!”
“Yes!”
“Who's the man?”
“Who's your daddy?”
“Ha Ha Ha! You never stood a chance!”
“I win. Of course I already knew that from the start!”
“That was like taking candy from a baby. Please don't cry like one.”
“Maybe you should leave the table. I don't want you to have to take out a second mortgage.”
“I like taking your money!”
“I loooovvveeee taking your money!”
“That really was too easy.”
“Wow, I think I'll buy you a drink with your money.”
“Hey, I could buy you dinner with what I just won. But I won't!”
“Did I win already? I wasn't even paying attention...”
“There's no shame in losing. Well, for you there is!”

Lose Hand
“Wow, you must have beginner's luck. And that's the only thing you have going for you”
“Ugh, I can't believe it!”
“Eh, take some of my money... You look like you need it!”
“What you have is luck, not skill. Luck runs out!”
“How could I lose this hand?”
“Well, that won't happen again!”
“I think that you're cheating! But I'll let you take my chips until I win them back”
“I don't like you.”
“Don't be so happy, the game isn't over yet.”
“Well, now you've just made me angry. Prepare to lose everything!”

Computer Loses all money
“How could this happen?!”
“You took all of my money!”
“Argh! I'll be back on payday!”
“I'm broke! It's all your fault!”
“I think I need a drink, can you spot me?”
“That was my money!”
“Noooooo!”
“Oh no! Oh no! Deeper into debt I go!”
“Stop laughing at me! I'm hurting right now!”
“I'm not crying, I just have something in my eye!”
“This is just humiliating.”
“H-hey, buddy! Can I ask you for a loan? No? You're very selfish!”

Player loses all money
“HA HA HA HA! Schmuck!”
“Ha ha! The rich get richer, and the poor get poorer.”
“Begone, peasant!”
“That was so easy. I almost feel bad. Almost.”
“Did you lose all of your chips? That's is so sad, and yet, I'm so happy!”
“I feel quite good about myself right now!”
“To the winner goes the spoils! To the loser goes... Well, nothing.”
“Get off of my table and let a real poker player play!”
“Please, go get some more chips so that I can beat you again!”
“Heh, so much for your kid's college fund!”
“Since you're so generous, next time why don't you bet your house?”
“Sucks to be you!”

All in
“You want High Stakes? Okay. lets go all in!”
“All in!”
“Eh, I'll put it all in!”
“There's no way you can beat my hand, so all in!”
“Let's put it all on the table. All in!”
“I'll go all in! Put up or shut up”

Trash talk
“You can’t win this, give up”
“You might get lucky this time. Heh, dumb luck.”
“You’re going to have to earn these chips”
“What are you waiting for?”
“This must be the tough part, making a decision.”
“Play or be played”
“You can’t bluff me!”
“You're not a very confident person, are you?”
“Okay, I'm bored now. Play!”
“Go!”
“Slow people make slow decisions.”
“Don't think too hard, I don't want you to hurt yourself!”
“Are you going to do something or should I go talk to that hot waitress while you think?”
“You're wasting my valuable time!”
“Silly rabbit, poker is for players!”

Player checks his cards too often
“Looking at your cards isn't going to magically change them.”
“What's the matter? Got a terrible hand?”
“You should just fold and save yourself the trouble.”
“Wow, you sure check your cards a lot. You must lack confidence.”
“If you had half a brain, your cards should've told you already that its time to fold.”
“Careful now, those cards may give you a wittle paper cut if you keep checking them.”
“If you just want to look at your cards all day, go play Solitaire!”
“If you have a bad hand, just give up.”
“I'm tired of watching you check your cards.”
“Do you know what the cards mean or do you need some help?”
Player looks at Computer's Cards for too long or too often
“My cards are fine, I suggest that you pay attention to your own.”
“I think that you think that my hand is better than yours”
“Don't you wish you knew what my hidden cards are?”
“These are my cards. You can't have them!”
“You've been looking at my cards a lot. Just give up if you don't think you have a chance.”

Player looks at Computer's Face for too long
“What are you looking at?
“I see you staring at me. I just want to let you know, I'm way out of your league.”
“You don't look very smart.”
“I look into your eyes, and it just seems like nothings going on. How do you function?”
“I know I'm good looking, but you have a poker game to lose.”
“Okay, now I'm uncomfortable.”
“You wish that you looked like me.”
“What, are you looking at me for some kind of confirmation?”
“You never have, you never can, you never will be like me.”
“Stop staring at me!”
“You're creepy.”
“Okay, if you keep looking at me weird, I'm calling security!”
“You don't look like a winner.”
“I just can't concentrate with you looking at me. You're scary.”
“Are you trying to intimidate me? Not working.”

Actions

Check
Tap table with fingers
Tap knuckles on table
Open hand on table

Call
Throw in chip(s)

Raise
Throw in chip(s)

Thinking
Cross fingers
Hand over hand
Arms crossed
Fist under chin
Rest hand on cheek
Smile

Win
Fists in air
Clap hands
Punch air
Laugh
Point and laugh

Fold
Just put down cards
Look at cards and slide onto table

Lose Game
Cross arms
Frown
Angry Face
Shake Fist

Trash talk
Point and laugh
Shake head
Roll eyes

Bored
Stretch arms
Yawn
Look around

No comments: